T. P. O'Brien Enterprises, Inc. (TOBE) has many years of experience
with multiple IT infrastructure platforms. TOBE works with:
TOBE works with a wide variety of industry types:
- and many other vendors, hardware & software systems
TOBE works across New York State (including Long Island); work has also be done for customers in many states:
- Education (K-12 through universities)
- Health care (Doctors offices, Hospitals & Nursing homes)
- Local Governments
- Non-profits and not-for-profits
TOBE travels to your site to work with your staff and equipment.
Over time, and with the gained knowledge, some of the
work can be done remotely or with phone support to your staff.
- New Jersey
Some examples of the types of experience with customers are listed below
- Mainframe System replacement, and simplication
- Worked with Customer and an IBM Business partner to update the
very customized mainframe setup. After Business partner turned over
a vanilla Operating System installed in new hardware; We work with
the Customer to install the third party packages and their data.
Worked with the staff to correct the JCL and application for the
The new system involved:
- TCPIP for VSE
- Software AG's Adabase & natural
- Backup system
- Helped Customer move from single tape drive on single server type backups.
To robotic library with tape management, multiple tape drives,
and supports multiple
client types. We have setup jobs to support multiple backup and the
creating off site tape collection.
The system has been used to restore single files and multiple directories.
The greatest test of the system has been whole systems restore,
in a very timely manner.
- Manufacturing, Service Bureau
- Mainframe to PC-Mainframe
- Worked with customers and suppliers to convert Large mainframe to
PC based (one software, one hardware) mainframe emulation. Had to
work with Supplier to verify old I/O configuration. We developed
a testing plan and worked with Customer
to convert communication. Performed back/restore and worked with
Customer on verification.
- Nurse-Home system
- Reuse System/Email
- Developed a plan to reuse a unused UNIX base system as a
email server, using both base UNIX software and freeware.
Worked with staff on integrating Microsoft Outlook to use system.
Saved the customer $70,000.
- Local Goverment
- Disaster Planning & Testing
- We work with a local goverment, and a disaster testing site to
verify the developed plans for a Novell and AS/400 system restore procedures.
T. P. O'Brien Enterprises, Inc.
Tuesday, 23-Jan-2018 04:25:44 EST
Friday, 18-Sep-2009 21:53:04 EDT